Warren and I met in college and we’ve been married nearly 14 years. He’s not the man I wanted (he checked all the “no” boxes on my list of husband qualifications), but he is the one I needed. I’m so blessed to be his wife. We have three awesome kiddos – Big Girl (10), Man Cub (6) and Little One (4.5). We’ve been self-employed most of our marriage. We travel LOTS and explore like pros. We’re so thankful we get the chance to share the world with our kids.
We’ve been homeschooling for 8 years, and we love it. Our education philosophy leans classical, STEAM, and a little bit Charlotte Mason. We specifically believe in prepping our children to own their own lives – whatever that looks like. All three kiddos are bright, passionate, intense people. I love that we get to train them up in the way they should go.
Here’s what you can expect on my blog:
- Professional Motherhood – There’s nothing that brings you to your knees faster than tiny (or big) reflections of yourself. I believe mothering is a profession, and it requires a whole heart commitment. I write about this often and share my successes and struggles with you. I’ve even figured out a few hacks to make this job a little easier.
- Raising Intense Kids – I truly believe every child is a marvel, but some kids are just “more.” Think intense, stubborn, spirited, sensitive, and fired up. ( I have three of these, but if you met their father you’d understand.) Nothing comes easy with this breed of kids, but they sure do make life fun and exciting.
- Taking Care of You – When you take care of your mind, body, and spirit, you’re the best version of you. I’ll share ideas for how to do that and my struggles with neglecting this important part of being a work of God.
- Traveling with Kids – We are professional travelers. It’s exciting to travel, but packing, car seats, sibling rivalry, and long journeys can drain a mama’s reserves. I’ll share how to travel with kids frequently without losing your mind.
- Homeschooling Hope – My favorite job as a mom is teaching my kids. I’ll share a real-life look at our homeschool, encouragement, and resources.
- Marriage Matters – I believe a strong marriage matters and you can expect honest posts on what that means.
- Tough Heart Questions & Answers – I don’t claim to have all the answers, but I do understand struggle and matters of the heart. I’m not afraid to open the door on my struggles – it’s actually been a huge healing process for me to do so. Expect honesty and discussion based on God’s Word.